I have a new post to share, but first I just wanted to update you.
- We have secured a way for Jim’s wishes to be adhered to by having his brain donated upon his death. Getting this finalized was a huge weight off my shoulders. When the time comes, plans are in place and he will be continuing to contribute to finding a cure through Johns Hopkins. Thank you to everyone who sent information to aid us in our search.
- Thank you as well for your votes and your support during Healthline’s 2015 Best Blog Contest. We placed 3rd and I am pleased to say the $500 prize money will benefit other dementia caregivers through The Garner Foundation. I appreciate all of your help and your daily voting. Thank you!!!
- Jim is now receiving Hospice care two days a week. I will not go into much detail at this moment, but it has been a good choice and has helped our family and Jim tremendously. I will discuss this with greater detail in the future.
- Jim is still Jim. He is loving and full of hugs and smiles most days. This disease cannot take away his soul. He is a kind and loving man and it still shines through. Some days it is easier to see.
- I am editing a post and will publish it shortly.
Thank you all for your continued readership and for sharing this journey with our family. Your kind words help in so many ways. I am grateful.